Assess / Teach / Rehabilitate:
- Assess the patient/caregiver ability to administer oxygen as ordered and management of the equipment safety.
- Maintain patent airway and mobilization of secretions by use of respiratory treatments, medications, and
- Assessment of medication regimen and plan for safety and compliance.
- Medication monitoring regarding therapeutic levels and dosage in patients with complex respiratory care regimen.
- Teach factors that trigger exacerbation of respiratory problems
- Optimize functional capacity while minimizing hospital admission/readmission within the limits of the disease process.
- Teach energy conservation, diaphragmatic breathing, and relaxation techniques.
- Teach therapeutic exercise program for strength, ROM and coordination for ADL’s
- Teach the patient effective coughing, deep breathing, and pursed lip or diaphragmatic breathing.
- Teach the patient/caregiver regarding infection control procedures/prevention.
Please contact your local Total Home Health office
for more information.